Pages

Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Review: Last Sacrifice

Last Sacrifice by Richelle Mead
Genre: YA and paranormal

She broke the law when she ran away from St. Vladimir’s Academy with her best friend and last surviving Dragomir Princess, Lissa. She broke the law when she fell in love with her gorgeous, off-limits instructor, Dimitri. And she dared to defy Queen Tatiana, leader of the Moroi world, risking her life and reputation to protect generations of dhampir guardian to come. 

Now the law has finally caught up with Rose- for a crime she didn’t even commit. She’s in prison for the highest offense imaginable: the assassination of a monarch. She’ll need help from both Dimitri and Adrian to find the one living person who can stall her execution and force the Moroi elite to acknowledge a shocking new candidate for the royal throne: Vasilisa Dragomir. 

But the clock on Rose’s life is running out. Rose knows in her heart the world of the dead wants her back… and this time she is truly out of second chances. The big question is, when your life is about saving others, who will save you?

My thoughts: 
Now if you haven't read any of the books in the Vampire Academy series then I seriously suggest that you do but you might want to wait to read my review of the last book. I probably won't put any spoilers in my review but hey no promises!

Once again Rose exceeded my expectations and totally kicked some butt. Not only does she have to free her name, deal with her love life(Adrian and Dimitri), but she also has to try and secure a spot on the Council for Lissa. I honestly loved her as a character so much that I am quiet disappointed and sad that the series ended although I think Richelle is continuing Vampire Academy just in another characters point of view.

I really love love love this series though! It gives Twilight a run for its money and in my opinion it won in the first book. There was never a dull moment ever in this book, in the whole series. It keeps you on your toes. Also for me I fell in love with all of the characters and the story plot. And I would love to see this series to hit the big screen. Those movies would be totally kick-ass.

So I would love to applaud Richelle Mead for a great series that fall in love with the Vampire World all over again! I Hope if you haven't read this series that you get your hands on it as soon as you can and love it as much as I did! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment