Pages

Saturday, February 19, 2011

I Am Number Four

I actually finished this book a week ago and had every intention of getting this post out before the movie came out, BUT life got in the way, so it's a little late. Sorry!

Title: I Am Number Four
Author:Pittacus Lore

Summary:


We may be walking past you right now.
We are watching as you read this.
We may be in your city, your town.
We are living anonymously.
We are waiting for the day when
We will find each other.
We will make our last stand together—if
We win,
We are saved, and
You are saved as well.
If we lose, all is lost.


My Thoughts:

I realize that the above summary is a bit vague (it is the one on the book jacket, I promise), so I will give you a bit more insight into the plot. There were originally nine aliens that escaped from the planet Lorien to Earth when their planet was under attack. A curse was placed over these nine in order to protect them since they continue to be hunted by the same group that attacked and destroyed their home planet; they can now only be hunted in order. The first three are dead, and Number Four (our main character) is next, and that is really where our story begins.

Personally I love love LOVED this book. I know that sound a bit extreme, but it is now one of my new favorite book, one I might add that I've recently been forcing my friends (including Katie) to read.

This book had a bit of everything; action, adventure, humor, and romance. The writing style was more simplistic in my opinion, but the story was still told in a way that constantly had glued to this book. The main character Number Four, or John Smith as he goes by was a genuinely like-able character that I never felt annoyed with.

I did read some mixed reviews on Barns & Nobel's website, but I highly recommend that you at least pick up the book and flip through a few pages!

Happy Reading!

-Kelsey

Have you read I Am Number Four? OR Do you now plan on reading it? We'd love to hear your thoughts in the comments! (:

2 comments:

  1. I think most people are staying away from this book due to the controversy with the author and the man who paid or shall we say didn't pay him enough to write it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just started reading this book and then I ended up reading a bunch of others instead of finishing it. I thank you for the review though, because I will definitely hurry and get back to this one now as a result. Also, I am your newest follower and it would be awesome if you would stop by my blog to follow me back!

    http://sandrathenookworm.blogspot.com

    Thanks and I hope you're having a great day! (^_^)

    ReplyDelete