Pages

Sunday, October 3, 2010

Book Review for Beautiful Creatures!

Title: Beautiful Creatures
Author(s): Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl

Summary from Barnes and Noble:

There were no surprises in GatlinCounty
We were pretty much the epicenter of the middle of nowhere.


At least, that's what I thought.

Turns out, I couldn't have been more wrong.

There was a curse.

There was a girl.

And in the end, there was a grave.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power, and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.
Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.
In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
Review:
Wow! This book was amazing and beautifully crafted! There was never a slow part and I was addicted after page one. The characters where amazing. I usually don't care for books that are from the point of views of guys but I loved Ethan! If a guy like him went to my school I think I would seriously have a huge crush on him. At the beginning I was a little confused about what Lena and  her family where but once I found out I was oh my gosh that is so cool! Yes, this another paranormal love but it involves Casters(kind of like witches but everyone is assigned there own power). But I think this a very different romance because Lena is strong and can take care of herself and its Ethan that needs her because she completes him. Finally, a book where the female is strong. All in all I thought this book was amazing and would definitely recommend it to anyone who loves paranormal romances and the small town feel! Happy Reading!

No comments:

Post a Comment