Pages

Thursday, September 22, 2011

Review: Redeeming Love

Book:Redeeming Love
Author:Francine Rivers


Summary: 
California's gold country,1850. A time when men sold their souls for a bag of gold and women sold their bodies for a place to sleep.
Angel expects nothing from men but betrayal. Sold into prostitution as a child, she survives by keeping her hatred alive. And what she hates most are the men who use her, leaving her empty and dead inside.
Then she meets Michael Hoses. A man who seeks his Father's heart in everything, Michael obeys God's call to marry Angel and to love her unconditionally. Slowly, day by day, he defies Angel's every bitter expectation, until despite her resistance, her frozen heart begins to thaw.
But with her unexpected softening come overwhelming feelings of unworthiness and fear. And so Angel runs. Back to the darkness, away from her husband's pursuing love, terrified of the truth she no longer can deny: Her final healing must come from the One who loves her even more than Michael does...the One who will never let her go.

My Thoughts:
I absolutely fell in love with this novel! When my friend Sarah told me to read it I was a little hesitant at first due to the whole prostitution and religious elements to it but came to find that Rivers revealed the power of God's love through the darkness of the prostitution. When finished reading it I came to reflect on my own past relationships and how shallow their love for me was compared to the beautiful love Michael had for his beloved, Angel. Honestly, I wish there where more men like Michael in this world. Michael was the epitome of a gentlemen, he was kind, gentle but very hardworking, and he found beauty in everyone.

At the beginning of the novel I pitied Angel because she was so weak and because she was so trapped in the bonds of prostitution but towards the end I absolutely fell in love with her character. She became so strong and beautiful, everything a heroine should be in the end. She has to fight a lot internally a lot due to her lack of confidence in her strength and the lack of hope of ever fully being loved. I think many people can relate to her character because many  women come down on themselves everyday never feeling quite good enough to reach the world's expectations but at the end of the novel the reader comes to find that anything is possible as long as they can put their trust in God.

All in all I recommend this book to everyone. This book can teach a women how to see herself as truly free and a man how to love unconditionally. I hope you give this book a shot because I know I absolutely adored  it.

No comments:

Post a Comment